Acne is linked to an over-production of sebum, causing blackheads, redness and pimples on the face and sometimes the upper back and torso.
In fact, our body produces oils to maintain its skin healthy. Excess oil can lead to blemishes and acne flare-ups. For the skin to look at its best it must be kept clean and well hydrated.
Acne is very common in adolescents, but it can also persist in adulthood. Sex hormones, stress and heredity play an important role in acne.
The most frightening consequences of acne are the traces it leaves, such as red scars or brown spots and, in severe cases, scars and bumps.
Our recommendations to reduce inflammation and irritation:
- Keep the skin clean and avoid squeezing the pimples.
- Improve your lifestyle, especially stress management, avoid smoking, adopt a healthy and varied diet, drink plenty of water. Recommended foods are oily fish, shellfish, salmon, prawns, onion & garlic, peppers, carrots, avocado, sweet potatoes, citrus fruits, pinapple, ginger, pumpkin seeds.
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight that worsen symptoms; UV rays promote the formation of brown scars.
- Get the best skincare possible. If you want to wear make-up, use mineral foundation in powder that not obstructs the pores.
- In severe cases of acne in adults, a liver detox diet may be beneficial.
Organic Natural Skin Care for Acne prone skin
Skin care products for acne prone skin must combat: inflammation, excess sebum, formation of comedone, abnormal growth of bacteria and must be able to reduce visibility of pores and offer good hydration and nourishment, in order to obtain a healthier and smoother skin and also simultaneously fight fine lines.
A complete skin care routine for acne prone skin consists of five essential steps:
- cleanse (cleansing oil / cleansing foam / soap): In the evening, use a cleansing oil to carefully cleanse the skin and remove all make-up (if any). Then use a gentle, purifying foaming cleanser;
- tone (skin toner): An essential daily purifying anti-acne treatment;
- serum (face oil): Apply few drops of the face oil, avoiding the contour of the eyes and gently massage until it is well absorbed;
- moisturise (day / night cream): To moisturise, nourish and re-balance the skin;
- Face mask (beauty face mask): Once a week, give your skin a deep, gentle cleansing with a face mask to eliminate excess sebum, cleanse the skin, sooth inflammation and tighten the pores, without stripping the skin. Apply a thick layer of the face mask and leave for about 10 minutes, or before it completely dries out. Then rinse with clear water before applying your acne specific skin care.
Each step complements and balances the other, in order to purify, hydrate and balance the skin, preventing breakouts and premature ageing.
Natural Skin Care Routine for Acne prone Skin, to successfully combat acne:
- Face Soap; Fresh Soap by Antique Apothecary is 100% Organic and part of the Natural Clarifying Protective 3-Phase Treatment, which daily use cleanses gently and purifies prone to acne skin, ensuring perfect hygiene and healthier skin.
- Face Soap; Luxurious Herbal Refresh & Protect Hydrating Soap by Antique Apothecary, packed with the delicate floral notes of Peppermint, Lavender, Roman chamomile, Bergamot, not only smells amazing, but also leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and well hydrated; daily use of this soap cleanses gently, purifies and moisturises dry and combination skin, ensuring perfect hygiene and healthier skin.
- Face Lotion; Clarifying Lotion with Peppermint by Antique Apothecary refreshes and brightens your skin, while tightens pores, prevents blackheads and the appearance of imperfections. this fresh lotion fights blemishes, smooths the skin and balances the hydro-lipidic film of the skin. It removes dead skin cells and accelerates cell renewal.
- Face Toner; Anti-Redness Elixir for Rosacea by Antique Apothecary is a rich beauty elixir that soothes rosacea and couperose, calms redness and flushes and makes stronger thin fragile skin with natural active ingredients, while providing anti-ageing effect on the skin.
- Face Serum; Anti-Acne Serum by Antique Apothecary is a powerful anti-bacterial and astringent serum with antiseptic and healing properties. Professionally formulated for acne prone skin to prevent acne eruptions and improve skin’s.
- Acne Skin Care; Refreshing Rebalancing Herbal Cream with Melissa, Q10 & Edelweiss by Antique Apothecary is especially designed to give to oily, combination or acne prone skin a beautiful, healthy and wrinkle free complexion, due to its incredible antioxidant properties and is made with love and care for the most delicate skin in the world, for teenagers and for those who experience problematic skin and wish to find their beautiful and healthy skin.
- Beautiful Skin; Rescue Face Cream with Jasmine by Antique Apothecary provides deep hydration and has a stimulating “youth booster” effect on the micro-circulation of the skin, thus actively helping to lessen redness and is therefore the ideal companion to protect reddened, inflamed, sensitive, stressed skin.
- For more skin care products for oily skin, please consult our skin care category for oily, acne prone skin, blemishes, rosacea
- ANTIQUE APOTHECARY is now able to offer formulations specific for teenagers’ acne. Please, email us for more details.
Copyright © 2013-2017 ANTIQUE APOTHECARY LTD. All rights reserved.