Sensitive skin’s signs:
- Redness, especially on the wings of the nose and around the eyes;
- Frequently tingling on the skin;
- Feeling of “burning” sensation on the skin;
- Skin reacting to variations of temperature;
- The application of inappropriate or over-aggressive cosmetic products, such as peels or repeated scrubs, stress, fatigue, medications and other factors may cause sensitive skin.
Types of sensitive skin:
There are different types of sensitive skin and each type of sensitive skin has its own sensitivity to a different degree.
A sensitive skin may be reactive, fragile or allergic.
- Reactive skin is the skin sensitive to environmental changes and to unsuitable cosmetic products;
- Fragile skin is the skin sensitive to some health problems, medications, age-related factors and also to genetic factors;
- Allergic is the skin sensitive to allergens (pollen, mites, etc) that can cause eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis.
A sensitive skin does not have enough barriers to protect it from a number of environmental aggression. Without protection, this type of skin becomes dry, fragile, easily irritated and “stressed”.
Also, due to its constitution, an imbalanced nutrition as well drinking and smoking can deteriorate the signs of sensitive skin.
Wear a sunscreen all year-round every time you will be in the sun for longer than 20 minutes. ANTIQUE APOTHECARY offers a light, natural sunscreen protection, which can be added on to your usual skin care.
A basic skin care routine for sensitive skin consists of four essential steps:
- cleanse (face soap): It is advisable to clean the skin morning and evening to free the skin from environmental pollution, makeup, but also secreted toxins, dead cells, excess sebum. The cleansing allows the skin to breathe and prepares it to receive the beneficial skin care;
- tone (tonic lotion): Applied on clean skin to moisturise and tone the skin;
- moisturise (day cream / night cream): Protects, nourishes and maintains moisture in the skin;
- Face mask: An appropriate beauty face mask, applied once or twice a month, is a must for sensitive skin types.
Each step complements and balances the other, in order to purify, hydrate and balance the skin and prevent premature ageing.
Best Skin Care Products for Sensitive Skin
- Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser; Exceptional product! Organic Natural Baby Soap by Antique Apothecary is a lovely soothing soap for babies, toddlers and those with very sensitive and reactive skin and can be used every day.
- Sensitive Skin Face Lotion; Anti-Ageing Moisturising Elixir with May Rose and Royal Orchid by ANTIQUE APOTHECARY enriched lotion packed with effective active anti-ageing ingredients, prevents sagging of the skin by restoring tone and elasticity, while it soothes, calms redness and irritation and gives you a fully revitalised and radiant complexion.
- Sensitive Skin Facial Oil; Golden Shield Luxurious Herbal Face Oil by ANTIQUE APOTHECARY is especially designed to protect your skin throughout the day and help you against dry conditions caused by heating and from a long day in front of a computer, which can cause your skin to become arid, itchy and unhealthy.
- Sensitive Skin Face Mask; Beauty Face Mask for Sensitive Skin with Argan & 2 Jasmines: This mask is a must for all sensitive skin types.
- Sensitive Skin Care; Anti-Ageing Cream for Sensitive Skin with Cotton Oil and Edelweiss by ANTIQUE APOTHECARY a 100% pure and natural cream, suitable for sensitive and fragile skin, as it helps the skin to restore its natural barriers and fight wrinkles without irritating the skin. This lovely cream brings softness and suppleness to the skin while treating wrinkles and helping stop ageing of the skin for a smooth and radiant complexion.
- Sensitive Skin Organic Natural Balm; Rose & Frankincense Beauty Balm by ANTIQUE APOTHECARY has tonic, regenerating and firming properties and is ideal to “boost” the skin around the eye area and neck, revitalise dull complexions and efficiently treat redness problems.
- Beautiful Skin; Rescue Face Cream with Jasmine by Antique Apothecary provides deep hydration and has a stimulating “youth booster” effect on the micro-circulation of the skin, thus actively helping to lessen redness and is therefore the ideal companion to protect reddened, inflamed, sensitive, stressed skin.
Tips for protecting sensitive skin, in addition to your usual skin care routine:
- Do not use skin care containing allergens (see at the end of the page for more details), chemicals, such as preservatives, cosmetics fragrances and perfumes.
- Limit the number of products applied daily to your skin!
In winter, to help prevent flaking, itching and cracking of the skin do the following:
- Do not overheat your home.
- Take warm, not hot, baths and showers and use a gentle cleanser.
In summer, keep in mind that tanning damages your skin:
- Don’t lie out in the sun, even if you’ve applied sunscreen.
- If you do go out, wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and tight-woven clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Apply your sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going out and reapply it every two hours, after swimming or if you’ve been perspiring heavily.
- After bathing pat your skin dry and apply a moisturiser, while your skin is still moist to minimise skin dryness.
For more information on ANTIQUE APOTHECARY products for sensitive skin, please, visit our range of skin care products for SENSITIVE SKIN.
Once or twice a week take an extra 15 minutes to pamper yourself with a spa treatment, by complementing your usual skincare routine with a truly natural mask, to give your skin an extra boost and protection. Please, visit our BEAUTY FACE MASKS page.
Copyright © 2013-2017 ANTIQUE APOTHECARY LTD. All rights reserved.